Our journey thru the struggles of infertility...and the joy of having twins PLUS one!
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Swim lessons
Originally I signed the kids up to take swim lessons two weeks ago. Then I looked at my calendar and realized it was a week that we went to Wildlife Prairie Park and we had eye appointments. Oops! So I rescheduled for this week. The only problem? It's been 100 degrees most of the summer...except this week! They barely make it thru the 30 minutes without needing a snuggle break from shivering so bad. Yesterday it even rained during swim lessons! They have been doing well trying new things, with a little coaxing...putting their face in and blowing bubbles, working with the kickboard, jumping in from the side. We tried jumping in off the diving board and the best I got was to drop them in with my hands but that's a start! They wouldn't go down the slide at all. I think it freaks them out that it is a covered tunnel slide. Hopefully the weather will warm next week and we can finish strong, enjoying the water without so much shivering!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My Mom has been taking Alana to swim lessons through Easter Seals. It's an indoor pool and she loves it. They've done two sessions now and Alana really wants to do a 3rd, but I don't think she's going to be able to do it. My Mom has a pool too, but I think it's the whole group lesson that she really likes and the instructors, etc. She's has a blast.
Post a Comment