We ate breakfast before bringing the Christmas presents downstairs. Otherwise I don't think they would have eaten at all.
They each got some new books. They both love to read and can sit for quite a long time either looking at books by themselves or listening to someone else read. We always read a book at nap and bedtime, and usually at least once during the day as well.
They both got a little bit of clothes. Adam's shirt that says "Daddy's Garage Volunteer Helper" is quite appropriate. A pair of moose pajamas, and of course, I love the sweater he got because it has orange in it and I am obsessed with orange. Sara got a pair of orange corduroys to coordinate with Adam's sweater. Now I just have to find a shirt to match. Her cupcake jammies were a huge hit - Shannon always calls her his little cupcake. She also got some little necklaces and bracelets.
Grandma saved the biggest presents for last. Adam got a CAT wheel loader with a working lever that raises and lowers the scoop. Extra buttons to move forward and back, honk realistically, and play even louder rock music than a previous dumper he had.
Sara got a big box that had a new doll, which we have nicknamed "Braidy" for obvious reasons, and all the accessories that come with a new baby...a diaper bag that folds out to a changing pad, a pacifier, monitors, a stroller, a high chair, a pack n play, and a potty seat! What's even funnier is that the pattern is the same pattern of the high chair Sara used to sit in. My mom didn't even realize until I mentioned it. Guess I have looked at that pattern so many hours that I knew as soon as the wrapping paper came off!
Of course Adam had to try out the stroller with "Baby" from last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment