Tuesday, September 9, 2014

32 weeks

It's hard to imagine 8 weeks ago I was on bed rest and now I have 8 weeks to go! The last ultrasound showed a small portion of the amniotic band was left intruding on Baby Mo's space but it was mostly pushed out of the way. I feel blessed that it hasn't been an issue for the baby and I haven't had to see a high risk doctor. Most of all, I love that when I was praying with Sara before bedtime the night before my appointment, I prayed for the baby and then Sara said "Mom, let's pray for that band to go away."

The last ultrasound also revealed the baby is measuring ahead in size by 3 weeks in all areas they check--head circumference, belly size, and leg bone length! He is about 5 pounds now.

Also measuring ahead in size is my belly and it feels like it! I am now bigger than I was when I had the twins! Please don't come to me saying how tiny I look. When you start out smaller, it's all relative, but that doesn't mean I feel like I agree with you. I will respond with stories of how I can't keep my pants up, my belly keeps running into things, I pee every 30 minutes, I get out of breath walking from one end of the house to the other, and I have gained over 25% of my body weight.

I have started having some swelling in my feet and ankles over the past week, more on one side than the other. I never had that with the twins so it is interesting. The doctor wants me to keep resting when I can and putting my feet up. Because my blood pressure isn't elevated--it was 94/62 at my last appointment--he isn't concerned. He also thinks it affects one leg more than the other due to how Baby Mo is positioned right now.

The kids are still super excited. Adam likes to pat my belly like a drum. Sara is just attracted to my belly like a magnet--constantly talking to the baby, hugging me, giving my belly a kiss, etc.

I feel good about where I am but I am also trying to get as much done as possible because I am aware with my history that things can change very quickly from one day to the next. When the baby is ready to be here and my body says enough, then it will happen.


No comments: