Wednesday, June 18, 2014

20 weeks--it's a...


video

Yep, that's right--Baby Mo will be their little bro...

I had my 20 week doctor appointment yesterday, actually 20 weeks and 4 days, and we got confirmation of what we have known for 4 weeks. Another little boy will continue the legacy of the Mollenhauer family. The kids are super excited about having a new baby around. But apparently more excited about getting balloons than finding out if it was a boy or a girl!

The amniotic band is still present in an ultrasound. It has moved a little and we are hoping when we check back in 4 weeks that it will be completely gone. It is a little weird going to my appointments because the nurse asks me every time if I am doing an ultrasound this time. Shouldn't the doctor be determining that? Maybe I should get a fee for being part of my medical team! The challenge is that even if the baby got tangled, at this point, there is absolutely nothing we could do because the baby is not far enough along to be viable. We also found out just how rare it is--our doctor sees 1 about every 3 or 4 years.

Everything with the baby looks healthy so far. He is quite the squirmer. She was only able to get about 3 beats of the heart before he would move. After the third time, she decided to just measure off those 3 beats and the heartrate is within the normal range. The baby is measuring a week ahead in size. My blood pressure is good. This hot weather is really getting to me and slowing me down. The past week I have definitely felt the challenge of my age.

We do have a name picked but something needs to be kept a secret, right?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great news! Congratulations, and prayers the amniotic band is gone by the next appointment.

Adonna Stueckradt said...

Lol! I love the innocence of small children!! :)