Sunday, April 20, 2014

Egg Hunt

As Easter got closer, the kids kept talking about doing an egg hunt in the back yard like we did last year. Apparently it was memorable but I didn't lead on that I was planning it again. Thankfully my mom helped with some of the purchases and stuffing about 50 eggs since I had been feeling so worn out in my first trimester.

After we got home from church, I snuck outside to do the hiding. It amazes me how easy it is to completely distract the kids. I came in the back door and Adam said "Where were you Mom?" "What do you mean? I've been here." "No, I called for you and you didn't answer." "Maybe I was in the bathroom."

Then he started asking about the egg hunt. "What egg hunt?" "Mom, we had bags of plastic eggs in the pantry. Come here, let me show you." "Where?" "Up there, Mom." "Adam, that's some plastic grass." 

I finally told them to go outside and they saw some.

It is really funny when they walk by ones that are so obvious. Here is a yellow one right behind Sara's head.


And she kept walking right on by...

It was cute when they were sharing eggs.


See the green one by the top of the slide?


Adam didn't. Now he is heading back down the steps.


Sara found it!








And then we had the fun of opening all the eggs.


Adam just made one big pile of stuff.


Sara, on the other hand...organized piles of stickers, different kinds of candy, and money.


I'm thankful the kids know that Easter isn't just about fun with plastic eggs! Happy Easter!


No comments: