Saturday, January 25, 2014

Our family Christmas

After how our Christmas last year went, I really just wanted a quiet time at home this year--just us as a family and no pressure to load the car and rush to a family gathering. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed other years. But this year especially I was feeling the emotions returning of memories from being in Boston for Sara's surgery and I wanted the comfort of home. It was so nice to wake up and have a slow morning in our jammies!






Part of me felt like we didn't get the kids enough presents. They are fortunate to be blessed with alot and I didn't want to buy things just to have a bigger pile. I was more intentional about getting things that really struck my eye and they were just fine with it.

They each got some new books and a baseball glove and ball.



They also each got a pair of shoes. It seems like Adam is always wanted to help Shannon with something out in the garage but he had outgrown his work boots. Sara finally had a huge growth spurt with her feet and grew 2 sizes. The cute dress boots she really liked were too small so I ordered a replacement. It seems like she is choosing to wear a dress nearly every day!





Once they were done opening, we told them there were more gifts but they had to find them. They looked all over the room and completely forgot about their stockings!



Pipe cleaners, glitter glue, glue sticks, ribbons for Sara's hair, chocolate pez for Adam, princess/cars cookie cutters, and really cool pencil bags that unzipped to look like they had teeth. The kids thought those were pretty cool!

Merry Christmas 2013!

No comments: