Thursday, April 25, 2013

4th birthday party

This year we traveled to Wisconsin to have a joint birthday party with cousin Jordyn. Thankfully, Jordyn didn't mind sharing the spotlight and Adam and Sara were thrilled to celebrate with her! I am thankful Emily coordinated the theme and decorations. It was a great party with an awesome food spread.

Emily found a really cute idea for a cake and we decided to give it a try ourselves. I found a recipe online for how to make my own fondant.We split up the duties and I made the pigs. My aunt Robyn made the cake. I was so excited to see how it all came together. It was the hit of the party and everyone was calling for which part of the pig they wanted!










It was a cowboy-themed shindig and all three of these goofy kids were "wanted."



Sometimes it takes teamwork to blow out your candles.



Double the candles plus one for Jordyn...



Sara loved her new bead kit and Adam thought his new cars were totally cool!





This picture cracks me up of Adam looking over Sara's shoulder at the new book she got. Notice his hands in his pockets. It's like one of those moments where you blink and your child aged right before your eyes.



I can't believe how big Jordyn is getting. I still remember those giant brown eyes looking at me as she scooted around my hard wood floor 9 years ago.



This is the gift Sara got that is a reminder every day of how she isn't a baby anymore!



A rare photo of me and my aunt Robyn.


Meet my cousin Emily's new baby--Lincoln.



Four years as a family sure has passed fast!





I love how they love each other!

No comments: