Sunday, October 28, 2012

Out of the mouths...

A few days ago I heard Sara say something from the backseat of the car. What I heard was one of the strangest things. Apparently it is important to her because I heard it again tonight. It went something like this..."Mom? Some day I want to ride a racing camel. With boots on. And a helmet. And a seat with handlebars to hang onto. And a seatbelt."


Adam and Sara both have been into nurturing various stuffed animals lately and calling themselves mommy and daddy. I went into the basement and dug thru a box of preemie clothes today and brought up a pajama outfit, knit hat, and bib for each of them to use. Their eyes lit up! Adam woke up early from nap and went right to his "baby". He put him in his dump truck pajamas and sat him in a high chair. Then he put on his stocking hat and told me it was almost covering his baby's eyes. He went on "This is baby's bib for when he's eating. This is the hanger for when he isn't using the bib. I bought it on clearance."


Yesterday we had Trunk or Treat with the twins group. On our way home, we stopped at the neighbor's to show her the kids' costumes. Shannon and I were explaining how trick or treating worked and then we tested them. Okay, now what are you going to do when we get to Tammi's house? "Ring the doorbell!" That's right...and what are you going to say when she opens the door? "HI!"

No comments: