Thursday, September 6, 2012

Work day routine

The kids and I have gotten into a routine when I leave and return for a work day the few days a week that I am gone.

I usually leave when they are in the middle of breakfast so they take a break and head out to the front porch to sit on the stoop and wave to me. I roll the window down to hear them screaming "BYE, MOM!" and waving wildly as I honk the horn twice.

At the end of the day, they are usually outside playing. When they see my "big red car" pull into the driveway, I honk twice and they come running...Adam always in the lead, Sara trotting behind...yelling "STOP MOM, RED LIGHT" and putting their hand up.


They get the door open and climb in. Yes, Adam is usually wearing his bike helmet.



Adam is trying to get the door shut. Usually he opens it too far and I have to lean over and practically fall out of the car to help. Sometimes he wants the seatbelt on and sometimes not.


Adam goes for the window and rolls it all the way down to stick his head out and yell "GET OUT OF THE WAY GRANDMA!" Sara turns on the radio and cranks the air. See her hair blowing?


Then we ride the rest of the way up the driveway together.

If they catch Shannon when he gets home, they do the same routine with him. But usually he pulls in and makes it just in front of the garage door before they get to him. He tries to reason with them and say that he is almost in the garage so whey do they need to climb in? Silly, dad, they don't care that you are only driving 10 feet!

And on really fun days, they catch him coming home on the motorcycle and get to take turns riding into the garage with him.

Wonder what we are going to do when the snow comes?!

No comments: