Thursday, March 22, 2012

The girl can fold

Last week the kids were helping me fold laundry.

Sometimes it's the kind of help that teaches me greater patience.
Sometimes it's the kind of help that I don't want at all.
And every now and then, it's the kind of help wrapped up in a pretty bow that I wasn't expecting...


Yes, Sara did actually fold those washcloths just like that, stacked in a pile.

My mouth about dropped on the floor when I turned around and saw it. "Sara! Did you fold those?" She looked at me like I was asking the most silly question and simply said, "Yes."

After that she took the pile of 8 shirts and put hangers on them, all facing the same direction, and hung them in her wardrobe closet.

Hired!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Excellent!!! I'm loving this transition of having help. The kids have started bringing over their plates, scraping them off, and putting them in the dishwasher. I've been shocked to discover that it's actually a help. I plan on finding them more chores soon! Laundry-folding sounds like a perfect one! :)