Monday, September 19, 2011

Out of the mouths...

Both taken from last night's conversations...

We were discussing what medications the kids needed before bedtime. I called to Shannon and said "no honey for Adam, his cough is better." Adam argued "I need honey." Then he fake coughed twice and explained again how he needed honey. Shannon deemed him drama boy and now he is walking around telling us his new name.

A short time after I put the kids to bed last night, Sara got fussy. I went in there and it was pitch dark. Adam has been making me cover up the light on the wipes warmer lately. I'm not sure why but it feels like a cave and I can't see my hand in front of my face, let alone where the kids are in their crib to comfort them. I located Sara and picked her up to snuggle. Adam surprised me that he was also standing in his bed to see what was going on and asked "Why you crying, Sara?" Sara thought for a moment and answered "I don't remember."

Lastly, we headed over to the neighbors tonight to chat for a few minutes while their daughter was out playing basketball. Adam follows their son around like a puppy dog. He just adores Kyle. Kyle got out his "new" used golf clubs and Adam was helping retrieve the balls. At some point, we overheard Adam say "I'm freakin' out!" I'm not sure what it was about but we did a double take and asked him to repeat it to make sure we heard him right!

Another one from last night that totally cracked me up was at dinner time. Shannon had some water go down the wrong way and was coughing and sputtered out "I'm choking." At the same time, the timer went off on the oven. Sara totally ignored the urgent choking and piped up "Time for brownies!" So my daughter...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Can't wait for "Owenisms":)