Friday, August 5, 2011

New undies

For a little while I have wondered if the kids would do better at telling me they had to go potty if I put them in regular underwear instead of training underwear. We made a trip to WalMart yesterday to peruse the selection. The hardest part is deciding if I am just wasting money because their teeny little body is going to be swimming in a 2-3T. We weighed them the other day and they have lost a few pounds this summer and are down to 27.5lbs. With two different brands as options, we headed home. One of the options for Sara has a waist that is 2 inches bigger than the other so I will be taking those back. She picked stripes to start with and loved them. Adam chose the cars.

We have also been talking for a few days about what they can say if they need to go potty.

After about 15 minutes Adam started fussing and was standing in a puddle. He was very disappointed he got his cars wet. While I was cleaning Adam up, Sara ran in yelling "Mama go potty", pulled her pants down and got on the potty all by herself!

Sara told me she had to go 3 times and got a "special" M&M (peanut butter) and had no accidents all day! Adam only had the one accident.

A very exciting day. We'll see what happens on day #2 of new undies and if we have as much success as yesterday.

I must admit it was quite exciting to pack a dinky little package of diapers for our weekend trip and that was packing a bunch extra! Before I would have to pack more than that quantity just for one of them. I see about $100 coming back into my monthly budget very soon!

Big girl Sara in her new panties and hat!


This is Adam showing off his new undies...a little more modest!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Alana has been very into potty training this week. We were doing training pants or undies with diapers over them and it seemed to help. Then we had a few accidents in them and she wasn't telling us. May need to try straight up undies next.

Anonymous said...

take them off