Monday, April 25, 2011

2 years already?

Dear Adam and Sara...

When you are reading this down the road and learning about your life growing up, I'm sure you will forgive the fact that I am writing about your birthday 23 days late. I have gotten caught up in the crazy world of taking care of you, working 25 hours a week at the same time, and still trying to keep our house running. I would have to tell you that I have days that I am absolutely exhausted, famished because you eat half my lunch, and impatient when dealing with the early stages of the 2's. But this is the life that God has blessed me with and I would fight with everything I have in me to let go of it just a little.

To my first-born handsome son Adam Joseph...I prayed over you tonight before bedtime, thanking God for making you so loving. I hope you keep that soft-hearted spirit as you grown into a strong man and a great leader of people. You are definitely a mama's boy who loves his snuggles and all the different kinds of hugs we have made up. You love to explore and are always on the move or busy figuring something out. Food is no challenge as you eat everything we put in front of you. I can't believe you have already started using the big potty sometimes. Just the other day you jumped and got both feet off the ground for the first time! And I stopped counting the number of words in your vocabulary long ago. You have been putting 2, 3, and 4 words together this week to form phrases that verbalize your thoughts. The newest word in your arsenal? Microwave! I love how you watch out for your sister. I hope I never hold you back from reaching all your dreams. I haven't seen an obstacle you can't overcome so far. Keep running in life and I'll be right behind you.

To my baby girl Sara Makenzie...I prayed over you tonight before bedtime, thanking God for making you so strong. May you become a woman of great passion. Your personality has definitely been revealing a lot of spunk lately, especially as I've seen those fall on your face, screaming 'dada' tantrums. Your bright blue eyes light up when you giggle and I love your little voice that says 'gain after I tip you upside down--definitely my daredevil. You are a girl who knows what she wants. As for food, give you some bread, some fruit, top it off with dessert, and you will be set. Just tonight you ate strawberry shortcake and took 3 times longer than your brother because you had to lick the cool whip one finger scoop at a time. Somersaults, reading books, singing, and dancing are your favorite things right now. Your memory is rock solid and you named every animal in the bedtime book we read tonight--wild boar, panda, koala, beaver, monkey, penguin, goat, fox, doormouse! I hate it that you get woken up with bad dreams. In the future, call any time of the day or night and I'll be there to snuggle on the couch with you.

I hope some day you will both come to learn how much you have helped shape me into the person I am today.

I love you with all that I am.

Happy belated golden birthday to my two little treasures!

Love, Mama

P.S. Click the link at the top of the blog page to jump to our Picasa photo album and you can see pictures from the party or more recent photos as the twins journey through life.

No comments: