Sunday, December 12, 2010

Potty chairs

Last week Adam started a new thing in the morning as I was changing his diaper. I would take the nighttime diaper off and go to put the new one on and he would say "no" and push the diaper away. Interesting. You don't want a diaper on? "No." After a few days of that, he started telling me when he would poop. Recently he has even had a time or two when he would tell me before he did it. So I brought some little potty chairs down from upstairs just to get the kids introduced to them. They were very excited about their potty chairs. They moved them to exactly where they wanted them in the bathroom. After sitting on them in the bathroom for about 15 minutes, I asked if they were done. Sara said "no". Since we were just trying them out with their clothes on, I tried to tell her we were all done with the potty and opened the bathroom door. She leaned forward from her potty and shut the door!

About once a day I take off their diaper and let them sit on the potty until they say they are done. It doesn't last long but at least they are getting used to the idea.

No comments: