Saturday, December 11, 2010

Let's play in the snow!

After the big snow storm last weekend, we couldn't pass up our opportunity to play in the snow for the first time. This is one of the things I underestimated how big the undertaking would be. I got both their snow pants on and they had fun walking around the living room listening to the swish, swish, swish. Then it was time for boots. Good, Lord, why didn't someone warn me? How do you figure out if a small child's foot is all the way down in a boot? I would think I had it and then Sara would stand up and the boot would fold over sideways so apparently I didn't. I finally had to take Adam's boot lining out because no matter how hard I tried I could not get his foot in there. Maybe you are supposed to buy a size big if there is a lining. Sara's were a size big and even hers were hard. I finished bundling them up and quickly got myself dressed before they overheated. Shannon was getting the sleds blown up.

Adam decided to venture out into the deep snow.


The biggest challenge was getting them to keep their mittens on.


Surprisingly, Adam enjoyed this fast ride with Dad.


Sara's biggest struggle was staying upright. And once she'd fall over, getting back upright.


video

No comments: