Tuesday, November 2, 2010

That was just too easy

Shots. When are shots ever easy? I definitely got a break today, a double break even!

Pam met me at the health department clinic to help wrangle the kids while I filled in the paperwork. It didn't take as long this time and they enjoyed being distracted with the little toy she brought for them. I opted for 3 shots this month--their 2nd Hepatitis A shot, 1st flu shot, and measles/mumps/rubella. One in both legs and one in the arm. Adam was up first. No crying from either leg shot. They had forewarned us that the arm shot would hurt. He did cry a little with that, I think mostly because it bled quite a bit, but it didn't last long at all. We swapped kids. Sara squirmed a little with the 2nd leg shot and cried a little with the arm but not even as long as Adam. Pam didn't even hear them from behind the curtain. We had a little snack, put on our jackets, and were on our way.

What a nice surprise gift to my day that the process went so well!

No comments: