Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another haircut for my boy

I love haircut day. I have for years. When I was working, I would bound out the door at the end of the day like it was Christmas in a candy store, all giddy - I'm off to get a haircut! You have to realize that it's probably because I am terrible about scheduling that next appointment. So by the time I get around to it, my hair is beyond manageable. This last time I looked like that sheepdog in the Wile E Coyote cartoon.

But what I have discovered lately is that haircut day is even more fun when Adam gets a haircut! It was getting so shaggy, all one length, hanging below his eye brows. And he had this wing on the side that I couldn't do anything with - it would just stick out. Annoying.

So the family packed up and went to see Jenny. Adam sat still for 90% of the time. Of course what she had to cut last was his neckline and he was tired of sitting by then. This time took longer because she put some layers in rather than just cutting a little length here and there.

Then the kids played with her little dog and went outside with Shannon while I got my cut.

He looked like such a big boy I had to try to get a picture. Do you have any idea how long you have to chase a 17 month old around the house to get a decent shot of a new haircut? Especially when he knows you are chasing him and he is supposed to hold still - all I got were shots of him giggling and looking away! Just when I had given up, I got this keeper the next day in his high chair. So that's the trick - buckle him in!

No comments: