Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dorf

About a week ago, Adam took the next step on his way to walking. Shannon calls him "Dorf." Does anyone remember Tim Conway's Dorf character that got on his knees and has shoes in front of them to make him look really short? I always thought he was on his knees, anyway. Apparently after doing some research he was actually standing in a hole with the shoes in front of his knees and that is why he always stayed in one spot. Anyway...

Adam started "walking" on his knees. He can move around pretty fast. This is our earliest capture of it. I'm not sure why he doesn't just walk. I know, I will regret those words soon enough. He has great balance. He can stand for a long time without hanging onto anything. He can balance on one leg. He can swing his leg over a little bike seat to get on and off. Clearly displaying a lot of talent. But he just doesn't want to push it. Shannon and I practice with him, trying to get him to walk back and forth to us. Sometimes he amuses us. Sometimes he has spaghetti legs and collapses in a heap on the floor. Twice I have had 4-5 successful steps. Who knows, maybe Sara will walk first after all!

Also notice at the beginning of the video that Sara is crawling much faster at times. She still tries to pull my hair, though. I can't convince her to only pull out the gray ones. I thought she had that pincer grasp down pat but for some reason she pulls out a chunk instead of just a few at a time. Momma take so much abuse...


No comments: