Friday, June 11, 2010

4 thumbs up for strawberries

Last Saturday I stopped by the Roth Countryside Produce stand just outside Morton. They had run out of strawberries, which was my main reason for stopping. It was nice to have some time to chat with my friend while I waited for more to be picked fresh. Thanks Melissa & Nic!

This is a video of the kids eating the strawberries less than an hour after they were plucked. They don't get any better than that! In Shannon's words...schnikeys...is that an Iowa word? I have never seen Sara eat anything by the fistfuls like this during meal time.


video

You can try them for yourself but I think strawberry season is almost over. Look for Roth Countryside Produce on facebook to see what is sold fresh next. Better yet, just stop by and give a local business your business! 1811 W. Jefferson, Morton. Mon-Sat 9-3.

No comments: