Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Homecoming Baby Girl

May 15, 2009 was one of the best days and the hardest days. I was overjoyed to be bringing my baby girl home from the NICU after a 44 day journey but torn in half that Adam had to stay behind.

At this time a year ago, I was pumping every 3 hours while Shannon would feed Sara a bottle. Wake, diaper change, bottle, sleep. 3 hours later--wake, diaper change, bottle, sleep. We traded off visits to the hospital to see Adam. Add to that her apnea monitor going off at all times of the day, mostly because she was sleeping too sound.

I can't believe how little my 3lb 11oz peanut was when we brought her home in her car bed. Still 6 weeks off from her due date, it was both odd and exciting to see her laying in her crib.


What an amazing year it has been watching you grow and develop your personality, baby girl! I love you more than you can imagine. You are truly a little rock star...and well worth the wait!

No comments: