Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tractor rides with dad

We still had a mound of dirt in the back yard leading to the house from the installation of our new geothermal heating/cooling system in January. With all the rain we had in the spring, the dirt had settled quite a bit so it was time to smooth things out and get ready for planting grass and mowing season. Shannon rented a tractor - anything to get on a piece of machinery!

We thought it would be fun for the kids to put on their new summer hats and go for a ride with him. Adam may be mischievous but Sara has a little bit of daredevil in her, I think. It's always fun for me to see Shannon have these little moments with the kids.

Shannon and Sara...




Shannon and Adam...



I love this one - a father and his son; a boy and his dad.

1 comment:

Moon Over Martinborough said...

I didn't grow up with dad on a tractor. I grew up in suburban Detroit and never drove a tractor until my partner and I moved to rural New Zealand. We started borrowing our neighbor’s tractor to mow our olive grove. She’s a charming tractor and now I love being out there to mow!