Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun at church

We are officially fully out of winter hiding! Last Saturday we went to church as a family for the first time since probably October. And the kids went to Discoveryland, the children's program, for the first time. It's not a program at their age, mostly just hanging out and playing. Shannon and I enjoyed the entire service together and our family number didn't come up that we needed to go tend to the kids. That was very exciting for us. When we picked them up, the ladies said they started getting fussy for the past 10 minutes. Made sense since it was their bed time.

I had a hard time deciding which service we wanted to try. Saturday night ends around bed time. First service Sunday is during morning nap time. Second service Sunday pushes into lunch. I try not to mess with morning nap time as it seems the most crucial for them. And who wants a hungry baby? So we opted to push bedtime just a little later.

For years I saw the joy on the kids' faces that experienced Discoveryland. I longed to have kids of my own that I could see the same joy as they sang about Jesus and learned to love him. I can't believe I am going to see that happen.

No comments: