Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What is in my mouth?

The kids have been enthusiastic about nearly all the food I have given them to try.

apples
bananas
pears
peaches
plums
nectarines
mangos were a little questionable
green beans
peas
avocados
asparagus
carrots
sweet potatoes
spaghetti squash
butternut squash
acorn squash
pumpkin
they didn't like mashed potatoes the first go round

And then I really threw them a curve ball. Cottage cheese. I mashed it up but just had to take photos of their faces as they tried to choke it down. It was so hard not to laugh! With every bite, Adam would look at me as if to say 'mom I don't know what's in my mouth but you have to get it out!'And Sara? 'Seriously, mom, this stuff's nasty!'






1 comment:

Mohini said...

Cottage cheese - oh yes, mine are 14+ months now and they still haven't warmed up to it.

Also, thanks for the food cubes tip! That does sound so much easier.