Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grandparents week

The kids had quite the whirlwind of a week last week with both sets of grandparents visiting. Shannon's parents arrived Wednesday around lunch. It took Sara a bit to get warmed up to "new people" but of course Adam was all grins! The kids got a few new gifts for Valentine's Day - a couple musical toys that they really enjoy. And I got a gift, too, as Shannon's dad installed the cabinet handles I purchased with birthday money from my mom in September :). They look fabulous but I think it's going to take some getting used to having a handle to open the drawer rather than reaching for the corner. Shannon's mom and I also went on a major grocery shopping spree to buy food for the kids. We had a marathon of preparation and I think they are set for over a month! I went to work Thursday morning and they had some alone time with the kids. They headed home Friday morning.

My mom arrived Saturday morning for a long weekend. We headed to Kohl's while the kids took their morning nap and I found a bargain deal on a new winter coat. Now I'm all set to play in the snow with the kids. Speaking of new jackets, the kids also received their Valentine's present from my mom - new fleece jackets. Hot pink for Sara and bright orange for Adam. I caught up on some things around the house while mom fed the kids and wore them out with play time. Monday morning I went to work for a few hours while mom watched the kids by herself before she headed home in the afternoon.

Unfortunately, Shannon woke up Monday morning with a cold so he is in quarantine upstairs. It's certainly a challenge managing the house by myself - taking care of the kids, working during nap time, cooking dinner, laundry. I'll be glad when Shannon is feeling better.

A few days down and then my aunt Robyn and her six year-old granddaughter Jordyn are visiting Thursday night - Sunday. Jordyn has missed out on the past couple visits because she is in school now. It will be nice to spend some time with them.

No comments: