Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let's talk about it

I was shocked yesterday to hear Sara's voice coming through the monitor from her crib. "Dadadadadadada"...take a breath..."Dadadadadada". I looked at Shannon and asked when she started doing that. You would have thought he would have been more excited hearing sounds that are the first resemblance of his name coming from his daughter. But he chalked it up to just making noise. I have been working for weeks on Dada or Mama, pointing every time they see him and saying his name. I guess his ideal would have been more like walking into the nursery to get Sara from a nap and she smiles at him, sits up, and says a single "Da da". We probably have to wait a little longer for that.

Speaking of favorites, I have also been working on teaching the kids to kiss. Thursday night Shannon was getting Sara's pajamas on and he said from the nursery 'It looks like she has learned a new trick.' She had pursed her lips together and separated them in a sound like a kiss. All day Friday I tried to get her to repeat it. No luck. Must have just been a fluke. Shannon walks in the door at the end of the day and what happens? She takes one look at him and makes a sound like a kiss. I see how it is. Reserved only for daddy! That's fine - I'll just work on getting Adam to do it. One of the advantages of having twins! Sure enough, today Adam did a kiss.

No comments: