Monday, December 21, 2009

Historical household cereal moment

I am shocked.

I opened the cereal cabinet this morning and what did I see? Right next to the standard box of Generic Corn Flakes?

It's the running joke I have with Shannon that he eats so much Corn Flakes. When he comes home from the store with another box, I often say 'Aren't you tired of eating Corn Flakes? Don't you want something different?' He always tells me 'If I wanted something different, I would have bought something different.' Good point. Sure he throws in an occasional Corn Chex or Rice Chex, maybe even Rice Krispies if he is really pushing it. And he may enjoy a bowl of Captain Crunch, Crunch Berries, or Lucky Charms if it's in the house. I think he even tried Maple Life one time. But his staple is the Corn Flakes. Generic Corn Flakes. 'Because generic is the same as name brand - it all comes down the same conveyor belt, they just change the box.' Except for the Kroger generic, which he doesn't like.

And then this morning? There, nestled in the cabinet was Frosted Mini Wheats. Generic brand of course. 11 1/2 years we've been married and I don't think I have ever seen Frosted Mini Wheats in our cabinet. Weird. Very weird.

No comments: