Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy 8 months, kids

Can you believe the twins are 8 months old today? Crazy. I would never have guessed when I saw my 2 1/2 lb babies lifted across the delivery room to a warming table that now they would be giggling and laughing and rolling over and trying to crawl and standing and sucking each other's thumbs and blowing raspberries and eating food and developing personalities and sleeping through the night and....I will never forget seeing them the first time and saying "They're so tiny." I was just reading on a blog tonight about another set of twins that were born at 28 weeks. Their boys were a full pound less than Adam and Sara, were in the NICU over 100 days, and have undergone 5 surgeries. Once of the boys has Spina Bifida. I feel for that family. But at the same time, I have to say it makes me realize just how truly, truly blessed we are. God is good.

Current weights today:
Adam -- 15lb 3oz
Sara -- 14lb 11oz

A couple pictures from our photo shoot today. We have an appointment at Sears for Monday - maybe we can grab some with both of them smiling at the same time AND both looking at the camera!

My sweet Sara...for those of you that know us, Sara is currently like a mini-me with her personality. She is pretty somber when meeting new people. But when you give her a chance to warm up, you can hear her giggle and get to see this adorable smile!



My boy. Definitely a little Shannon - he smiles at anyone who walks in the room and is very social. Lately I have been calling Adam my little monkey. When I pick him up, he giggles at me, folds his torso in half, and tries to climb me. I remember the day the doctor told me he had a grade 3 bleed on the left side of his brain. He sure doesn't show any signs of holding back!



It's getting harder to keep him still for a photo!

No comments: