Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Applesauce is on the menu

It's almost like checking in with Culver's custard flavor of the day!

I really never thought I would be a mom who made her kids baby food. Just saying it like that sounds like so much work. And it's not that I'm a health nut. Anyone that knows me knows that I only eat a meal to get to dessert! Some days I get a few servings of fruits and vegetables in but never what is recommended. I think I just got intrigued by the idea, like saving money, and it's pretty easy. How hard is it to open your fridge, grab a few apples, peel, cube, cook, mash, and freeze. Homemade applesauce. And the kids love it - it's so cute to hear 'Mmmm' with every bite! Sara especially gets so excited with squawking and flailing her arms.

Shannon went to the store tonight to buy the kids more food. He came home with pears, avocados, sweet potatoes, and squash. I'm going to bake the sweet potatoes and squash tomorrow and let the pears and avocados ripen a bit.

No comments: