Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy dance!

For the first time in 2 1/2 weeks, Adam slept thru the night! That definitely warrants a happy dance! So it may be a one time deal because he was still sleepy from shots...at least it was 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep for me! He was up at 5:45 with a very empty belly--I could hear the milk hit the bottom of his tummy as I nursed him. Sara was stirring so I fed her, too, on my quest to get them back on a schedule over the next month. Adam was still sucking on his thumb hard and breathing heavy. I thought he might like some added breakfast since he had skipped a meal in the middle of the night. Happy dance again! 2t of oatmeal and a spoonful of peaches...that sounds like it could be a song! He seemed a little uncertain when I would give him a bite of the peaches by itself. I got a look like 'mom, am I really supposed to eat this?' I would smile at him, shake my head, and say 'yum!' All went well until the hiccups brought a little up. Once his tummy calmed down, he fell back asleep and I laid him snuggled next to Sara. They are still napping while I am enjoying breakfast.

Hopefully the rain will stay away and Shannon and I can get outside to do the work needed in the flower bed. Seems a little odd with frost on the ground right now!

1 comment:

ann8181 said...

i remember those accusing "you think this is food?" looks from audrey. i had to mix the fruit into the cereal for a few times before she'd believe it was edible :)

i'm glad everything is going so well. i hope you guys come for thanksgiving- we won't be around at christmas. i'd love to see those cuties again!!