Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Are these your first grandkids?

How old do I look, really? I mean, I know I look tired. Especially lately with getting up in the middle of the night with Adam. But something happened that I never thought in a million years would happen. I was at Pella "window shopping" with Dawn - scoping out options for her log cabin project. Sara was fussy so I got her out of her car seat and was holding her. And then it happened. The salesman, who is an older guy, turned to me and said "Are these your first grandkids?" Are you kidding me? I replied, "These are my kids!" I'm sure you can image I had some shock in my tone of voice. He's probably one of those people who makes a comment like "when are you due?" when a woman isn't pregnant. Probably best to play it safe and not say anything to avoid future embarassment!

No comments: